1. Limited Product Warranty – 12 years
POINT ZERO ENERGY warrants it’s 100W Rigid and 200W Briefcase Photovoltaic Solar Modules, including factory-assembled DC connectors and cables, if any (together, the “MODULES”), to be free from defect in materials and workmanship under normal application, installation, use and service conditions, for a period ending twelve years from the date of sale as shown on the invoice to (the “CUSTOMER”). If MODULES fail to conform to this warranty during the 12 years period, POINT ZERO ENERGY will, at POINT ZERO ENERGY’s option, either repair or replace or compensate the product. Such repair, replacement, compensation shall be the sole and exclusive remedy provided under this Clause 1 and shall not extend beyond the 12 years period set forth herein. It will be performed directly to the original CUSTOMER only. This Clause 1 does not warrant a specific power output, which shall be exclusively covered under Clause 2 below (“Limited Peak PowerWarranty”).
The following quality problems should be deemed as defective solar panels; EVA or backsheet turn yellow, hot spots, penetration of water or moisture into modules, low insulation resistance, delamination, microcracks and cracks, malfunction of junction box, the oxidation of solar cells or other defective problems, if any.
2. Limited Peak Power Warranty – Limited Remedy
If, within a period of ten (10) years from the date of sale as shown in the invoice to the CUSTOMER, any MODULE(s) exhibits a power output less than 90.98% of the “Peak Power at STC” as specified at the date of invoice in Point Zero Energy’s applicable product information sheet (the “PRODUCT INFORMATION SHEET”), Point Zero Energy will, at POINT ZERO ENERGY’s option, either provide additional MODULES to the CUSTOMER to make up for such loss in power, or replace, or compensate the defective MODULE(s).
If, within a period of Twenty-five (25) years from the date of sale as shown in the invoice to the CUSTOMER, any MODULE(s) exhibits a power output of less than 81.77% of the “Peak Power at STC” as specified at the date of invoice in Point Zero Energy’s PRODUCT INFORMATION SHEET, Point Zero Energy will, at POINT ZERO ENERGY’s option, either provide additional MODULES to the CUSTOMER to make up for such loss in power, or replace, or compensate the defective MODULE(s). The remedies set forth in this Clause 2 shall be the sole and exclusive remedies with respect to any deficiency in the power output of MODULES.
The limited peak power warranty only applies to MODULES that have an output less than the “Peak Power at STC” due to normal cell degradation over time and not at the fault of other factors. The remedies set forth in this Clause 2 shall be the sole and exclusive remedies with respect to any deficiency in the power output of MODULES.
Peak Power at STC
Peak Power at STC is the power in Watt peak that a PV-module generates in its Maximum Power Point. STC (Standards-Test-Conditions) are as follows: (a) light spectrum of AM 1.5, (b) an irradiation of 1.000 W per m2 and (c) a cell temperature of 25 degree centigrade at right angle irradiation. The measurements are carried out in accordance with IEC 61215:2005 as tested at the connectors per calibration and testing standards according to IEC 60904-1……IEC 60904-10
3. Exclusions and Limitations
- All warranty claims must be filed within the applicable warranty period.
- All warranties apply to original CUSTOMER of POINT ZERO ENERGY only and are not transferable.
- The “Limited Product Warranties” and the “Limited Peak Power Warranties” described in Clauses 1 and 2 above shall not apply to, and POINT ZERO ENERGY shall have no obligation of any kind whatsoever with respect to, any MODULES which have been subjected to: ~ Misuse, abuse, neglect or accident; ~ Alteration, improper installation or application; ~ Non-observance of POINT ZERO ENERGY’s installation and maintenance instructions; ~ Repair or modifications by someone other than an approved or appointed service technician of POINT ZERO ENERGY, or ~ Power failure surges, lighting, flood, fire, accidental breakage or other events outside the control of POINT ZERO ENERGY.
- Within the period of 2 years from the date of sale as shown on the invoice to original CUSTOMER both the “Limited Product Warranties” and the “Limited Peak Power Warranties” set forth in Clauses 1 and 2 above, respectively, shall only cover or include any transportation charges, or any other costs for return of the MODULES, or for reshipment of any repaired or replaced MODULES for customers residing in the Contiguous United States. For customers residing outside of the Contiguous United States, all such costs shall be at the sole obligation of the CUSTOMER. Furthermore, POINT ZERO ENERGY shall not cover any costs associated with the installation, removal or reinstallation thereof for any CUSTOMER. After the period of 2 years from the date of sale as shown on the invoice to CUSTOMER for both the “Limited Product Warranties” and the “Limited Peak Power Warranties” POINT ZERO ENERGY shall not cover any transportation costs and all such costs shall be at the sole obligation of the CUSTOMER.
- Warranty claims will not be honored if the type or serial number of the MODULES have been altered, removed or made illegible.
4. Limitation of Warranty Scope
The warranties described in these “Limited Warranties for PV Modules” are exclusive and are expressly in lieu of and exclude all other warranties, whether written, oral, express or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of merchantability and of fitness for a particular purpose, use, or application, and all other obligations or liabilities on the part of POINT ZERO ENERGY, unless such other obligations or liabilities are expressly agreed to in writing signed and approved by POINT ZERO ENERGY. POINT ZERO ENERGY shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever for damage or injury to persons or property, or for other loss or injury resulting from any cause whatsoever arising out of or related to the modules, including, without limitation, any defects in the modules or from use or installation. Under no circumstances shall POINT ZERO ENERGY be liable for incidental, consequential or special damages howsoever caused. Loss of use, loss of profits, losses of production, loss of revenues are therefore specifically and without limitation excluded to the extent legally permissible. POINT ZERO ENERGY`s aggregate liability, if any, in damages or otherwise, shall not exceed the invoice as paid by the CUSTOMER.
5. Obtaining Warranty Performance
If the CUSTOMER believes that they have a justified claim covered by this “Limited Warranties for PV Modules”, the CUSTOMER shall send an immediate notification in writing directly to POINT ZERO ENERGY by opening a technical support ticket at www.pointzeroenergy.com/contact-us. Together with the technical support ticket, the CUSTOMER must enclose the evidence of the claim, such as the description of the defect, documents showing results of the defect with the corresponding serial number of the MODULES and a copy of the invoice for such MODULES.
The repair or replacement or compensation of the MODULES or the supply of additional MODULES does not constitute the beginning of a new warranty period, nor shall the original term of this “limited Warranty for PV-Modules” be extended. The disposal of any damaged MODULES shall be the sole responsibility of the CUSTOMER or returned to POINT ZERO ENERGY for disposal at the discretion of POINT ZERO ENERGY. POINT ZERO ENERGY has the right to deliver another type of MODULE (different in size, color, shape and/or power) if POINT ZERO ENERGY has discontinued producing the replaced MODULES at the time of the claim. POINT ZERO ENERGY’s calibration standards shall be in compliance with the standards of IEC 60904-1…. 60904-10.
This “Limited Power Warranty for PV Modules” is valid for all 100W Rigid and 200W Briefcase MODULES purchased from POINT ZERO ENERGY.